GET IN TOUCH
2 Holly Cottages, Rayrigg Road, Bowness-on-Windermere, LA23 3BZ.
HOST – JAN BEBBINGTON
If you would like further information, please fill out this online form and we will contact you shortly.
Please note that we are ‘room only’ and no longer offer breakfast. Due to our central Bowness location we are only a stones throw away from multiple places to eat and drink.
Directions to Holly Cottage
Holly Cottage can be reached by a number of ways:
From The South
- From the south, take the M6 to J36 and follow directions to Windermere.
- Turn left (opposite the Windermere hotel) and follow the road down to Bowness (1 mile).
- At the mini roundabout turn right, Holly Cottage is about 200 M on the left.
- By train, from the north or south by mainline to Oxenholme and then a local connection to Windermere.
- National express coaches connect to Windermere, where there are plenty of taxis to transport you the last mile to Bowness.
From the North
- Via Carlisle and Keswick, turn off the A74/ M6 at J44 into Carlisle.
- Over the river turn right to pass the castle on the A595 and follow this for about 5 miles.
- Turn left at Bothel onto the A593 follow this for 8 miles to Thursby.
- Turn left onto theA591 signposted to Keswick. Through Keswick Signed Windermere A591 follow this for some time through Ambleside.
- After another 4 miles turn right at the mini roundabout signed for Bowness. Pass a garage Holly Cottage and is 200M on your right. Don’t forget that we have private parking!!
Check in & Check out
Check in is after 4pm and check out is 10am.
If you are expecting to arrive after 9pm please get in touch to make arrangements.
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Upon booking, the first night’s accommodation will be taken as your deposit. The remainder of the payment is due 48 hours before arrival.
Strictly NO smoking in the house and NO hen or stag parties allowed. We are unable to provide extra beds or cots in rooms, however you are welcome to bring your own travel cot if needed.
We have some pet friendly accomodation opptions, please let us know if you will have a dog with you when you book. Pets are charged at £5 / night / pet.